Modern Slavery Statement
At its broadest, modern slavery refers to any situations of exploitation where a person cannot refuse or leave work because of threats, violence, coercion, abuse of power or deception. Modern slavery therefore encompasses slavery, servitude, the worst forms of child labour, forced labour, human trafficking, debt bondage, slavery-like practices, forced marriage and deceptive recruiting for labour or services.
We explicitly prohibit directors, employees, contractors and agents from:
- engaging in all forms of forced labour and human trafficking;
- engaging in child labour;
- withholding worker identity or immigration documents;
- using recruiters that do not comply with local labour laws of the country in which the recruiting takes place;
- charging workers or potential workers recruitment fees;
- procuring commercial sex acts.
We explicitly require that:
- the provision or payment of return transportation for any foreign migrant worker at the end of their period of work if they were brought to Australia for the purpose of working for us whether directly or through recruiters;
- if we agree to provide housing for any foreign migrant worker, such housing must meet host-country housing and safety standards;
- all employees, contractors and agents including migrant workers, can cancel their work contracts at any time with no financial penalty, subject to giving reasonable notice in accordance with local law or a collective agreement;
- all wage and salary levels meet applicable host country legal requirements or, if there is no legal minimum wage, wages are aligned with the prevailing sector wage;
- all employees, contractors and agents, including those hired by recruiters, are provided with detailed and accurate work agreements or similar work papers, prior to relocation in cases where they are required to relocate to perform the work, and in a language understood by them;
- document checks (including proof of age documents) of all prospective employees, contractors and agents are conducted before they begin working to confirm they are allowed to work according to regulatory requirements and our company policies.
We explicitly require that any recruitment activities are scoped to ensure that contracted recruiters:
- affirmatively agree to our position on modern slavery, and
- and agree to reasonable contractual terms and conditions to ensure that they also adopt business practices that meet a similar standard to our position on modern slavery, including our principle that "employers pay" with prospective employees, contractors and agents not charged any fees.
About the Issuer of this Statement
VSPRY INTERNATIONAL LIMITED ABN 59 631 026 027 of Level 38, 71 Eagle St Brisbane Queensland is a public company registered in Australia, and the ultimate holding company for the VSPRY group of companies.