Tax risk includes any adverse financial or reputation impacts arising from uncertain interpretation of tax laws or the failure to meet compliance obligations. In line with our broader approach to risk management and governance:
- We only enter into commercial transactions and the tax positions we adopt are in accordance with applicable laws and practices;
- We do not use contrived or artificial tax structures that are intended for tax avoidance or have limited commercial substance;
- We price international related party dealings on an arms length basis to meet the tax regulations of relevant jurisdictions;
- In circumstances where tax legislation is unclear or subject to interpretation, we obtain independent external advice; and
- We seek to establish constructive relationships with fiscal authorities based on transparency and mutual respect, and work positively with tax authorities to minimise the extent of disputes.